Ayam Sioh Malacca by Amnina Azmi
15 big size drumsticks (approximately 2kgs)
· Chicken is cleaned and washed (do not soak or it will lose the natural sweetness of the chicken).
· Chicken is marinated with salt for 15 minutes. Then chicken is rinsed and tossed.
· Let the chicken rest. (They need a break too!)
· On a large bowl, mix shallots, coriander powder, pepper powder, tamarind juices, sugar, brown sugar, salt, dark soy sauce and sauce ABC.
· Enough rest for the chicken! Put the chicken in the mixture and marinate overnite in the fridge.
· After a day, boil the mixture and chicken.
· When the chicken is well done, take it out from the gravy. Continue boiling the gravy until it is thick.
· The gravy must be a lil bit salty so it will goes well with rice.
· Heat your sauce pan with medium heat. Make sure it is not over heat otherwise the chicken will turn black. Remember, we add brown sugar just….ok?
· Use the oil to fry the chicken until golden.
· Put the fried chicken aside and pat the oil.
· For serving, kindly mix the friend chicken with gravy. The chicken can be served with any rice to your likings.
Nota kaki: Martha Stewart, I am? Haha… Florence Tan boleh la…mimpi!